Saturday, December 4, 2010

Another Grouse...Same window by Gary Fultz

    I fear all the grouse in our neck of the woods have the same "deadly perspective" (see blog 1) as the first two that flew into my windows and broke them. Grouse number 3 just crashed into the same window as the first grouse. The window glass fragments are sagging and ready to fall as the grouse lies still in another two inches of fresh snow. That's 3 grouse in five days.
    I think the only way to save the rest of the grouse in our woods is to become a grouse somehow and warn them all. The woods mirrored in our windows from the grouse perspective is certain death for all who would attempt to enter.
   Even if I could become a grouse I'm not sure I would want to. it's below zero most nights. Can't blame me for not wanting to bury into the snow to stay warm and eat tree buds and weed seeds. Besides that they are a bunch of independent, cocky know-it-all, bird brained, fly first and look later...birds.
    Makes me wonder why God had his son take on human form knowing they were a bunch of independent, cocky, know it all, people brained....Ya :-)
    Jesus Christ said "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father but through me (John 14:6). He was warning us about our deadly perspectives. Ever hear this one? "we can decide our own truth". How about this saying "all religions lead to God in their own way". God told us his way would work and ours won't. Makes a lot of people angry.
    Sorry but those grouse aren't coming in my house unless I open the door for them and they fly in that particular opening. All 24 windows in my house mirror the woods surrounding us and no grouse faith on the planet will keep them from dying on my windows. If the grouse get to talking and the most recent poll shows  100% that they can enter the woods mirrored in my windows, I'm going to have a lot of broken windows!
    We do need to check our perspectives in all areas of life whether it be God, friends, neighbors, music, economics, politics, or the smelly guy who pushed into the checkout line ahead of us. It's remotely possible our perspective is totally right. Should we check the polls?
     Meanwhile I'm not going to change out my broken windows just yet. By the way...they taste like chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment