Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Looking forward to 2063 by Gary Fultz

    I spend an appropriate amount of time looking forward. The year 2063 will come fast enough. I'm fairly certain I know where I will be and where I won't be. I am just enjoying the shortest daylight day of the year. Officially winter! I look ahead instead of in the past as I need perspective for today.
    
  I am living through an odd day when the sun is shining through a thin cloud layer while it snows. I am sipping on some strong (just right) coffee and soaking in the beauty of last nights sprinkling of another five inches of white crystals outlining everything in sight. My life is like the snow in many ways and I have had my glimmering moments as well as my meltdowns. I probably have a few more of each ahead of me.
    In a short time the snow will fall off the branches, melt or evaporate. In a short time it will be 2063.
I was in grade school in 1963 and that was a lifetime ago but yet it was yesterday. How time gets compacted can be explained by people who study the brain and it's perceptions I am told. I sidetrack easy so...whatever!
    2063 gives me an eternal perspective as I look out the window of both our house and my life. I have traveled long enough to know that 2063 is a few bends in the road ahead. Somewhere on one of those bends I will probably change addresses.
    Make no mistake, I absolutely believe that I will be more alive in 2063 than I am now. I have all my chips on Jesus Christ who came as God in human form to bring us back into a relationship with our Creator God.
Because he conquered death, I will live with Him! Far-fetched hope? I don't think so. That's the true meaning of Christmas and the hope for all mankind to know this ever lasting God personally.
    I read this morning in Isaiah 40:28 "do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God. The creator of the ends of the earth.He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom." Then in verse thirty "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint."  
    In my glimmering moments and in the mud puddles; today -- headed for 2063 I can hope in the Lord. Thus I have the parameters and proper perspective for living each day of my life into eternity. I have an eternal promise from someone who can already see 2063 and beyond.
    2063 looks bright even from this distance!
    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment